A Morning HIke, Visit with Friends and a Road Trip

And yes, that was all accomplished in one day.  That Thursday morning we woke, enjoyed breakfast and set out for a hike on Thunderbird Mountain, grandparents, Things and even the dog.  It was a gorgeous day and Thing 3 and I decided to push our heart rates up and run down the mountain.  Oh my.  That girl can move and this Mama had a hard time keeping up.  To further bruise my pride Thing 1 asked to race me.  Feeling quite confident I didn't refuse but felt I was ready to rise to the challenge. The fact that her legs begin at my rib cage did not discourage me.  Needless to say I lost.  According to Poppi, I kept pace for the first 15 yards or so. 

We returned home to visit with Framma and Kaya and Eden.  I challenged Framma to a game of cribbage and actually won.  That does need to be recorded here for all to see because it is a special day when a family member triumphs over Framma.  Her skills are impressive and ever since I was a little girl her and I have played, typically I lose and a lesson is learned. This day was different.  We laughed and I celebrated with a victory dance.  What's that they say about being humble? 

Then onto a visit with my girlfriends.  We have been friends for over 10 years now and even though we have not seen each other in over 2 years we were able to pick up right where we left off.  Sharing kids stories and life stories and just enjoying being together.  It was a sweet afternoon, that of course ended too quickly. 

When I arrived back at the Stuck house the whole clan was ready to depart for California.  The other Stuck household was our final destination.  We would camp out there for the weekend.  The Things could harldy wait to see their Uncle J and greet Auntie Corynn's belly with their soon to be new cousin!  The drive was uneventful and the Things slept most of the way, thankfully.  They needed to catch up on some zzzz's after dealing with jet lag all week.  And with that I will end this post and share photos from the weekend and all our adventures in CA the next time around.

Comments

Popular Posts