A Few Weeks Ago

There once was a girl named Autumn.  She had an Aunt named Leanna.  Everywhere that Leanna went Autumn was sure to follow.  They had tea parties.  Trips to the park.  Walks around the neighborhood.  Splashing at bath time and even books before bed time.  And then they went to visit Autumn's G-pa and Mema and Aunt Leanna ceased to exist. 

Ok, not really, but I thought it was funny!
A few weeks ago I made a trip to Franklin to visit the Horel family and meet our newest niece, Ms. Gemma Louise.  My oh my, she stole my heart.  I also was looking forward to some special time with her big sister, Autumn too.  What fun.  From reading the poem above I'm sure you can infer that good times were had.  I even had the privelege of touring Autumn's school and meeting her teacher and friends.  It was a wonderful trip, complete with excursions to our fav local hangouts, Mellow Mushroom and Pucketts of course.  There was snuggle time with Gemma and her first bath and Autumn's first trip to the big girl potty.  An abundance of excitement and sleeplessness and itty bitty newborn cries and big sister help.  I was thrilled to be a part of it all.  Not to mention I was able to have some quality grown up time with Autumn and Gemma's parents.  An added bonus! 
Thanks Franklin for the beautiful weather and thanks to the Horel family for treating me like an honored guest, or at least a well favored servant.  (joke totally intended for Jeff)

Swing Time

 Happy Family at Pinkerton Park

 First bath

 Big sister's helping hands

 Auntie Leanna and Gemma

Love this girl

Comments

Popular Posts