Baking and Boats

The week was coming to an end and there was nothing I could do to slow it down.  I had promised the Stucks that I would fill their freezer with some goodies so Gianna and I had a cooking day.  Maybe more eating then baking for her.  Once the cooking was finished we looked forward to some special visitors, Auntie Robin and Cousin Kayla.  They brought Chik Fil A for lunch and boy did it taste scrumptious.  We visited, played, watched the US Women's National football team play and laughed and talked some more.  Such sweet time together. 
 
Another day in the books, but not before a sushi date with J, Corynn and Olivia.  Gianna spent some time at Mimi's house and we went for some tuna sashimi.  Corynn had been waiting for her sushi and I was thankful I was able to enjoy it with the both of them.  The sushi was amazing and the evening didn't end there.  I was introduced to a local place called Dripp.  While I don't think of myself as a coffee aficionado by any means I do enjoy a good cup of jo, not to mention a sweet treat to accompany it.  Dripp did not disappoint.  They offer pour over coffee, espresso drinks and even Turkish coffee.  Tell me how I could not like the place?  Don't even get me started on the desserts.  Ice cream, homemade cookies and the ability to create the most custom ice cream sandwich ever.  For me though, they had me at homemade ding-dong.  My hostess dessert of choice.  Theirs was leaps and bounds superior.  The night was capped with an offer to be Ms. Olivia's godmother.  Such an honor.  I sure do look forward to filling that role. 

 
Busted...on film

My sweet sous chef
 
Awake time with this beauty made the day even more special
 
Daddy and Sisters
 
(Great)Auntie Robin and Olivia

Cousin Kayla and Gianna
 
The pour over, lovely design on the latte, the percolating machine
and a custom ice cream sandwich
 
The next night had a special surprise in store for my grandfather, Grandpa Sam.  For Father's day his children gifted him with a duffy boat ride at Balboa beach.  I was invited to tag along and it was so very much fun to see my Grandfather and spend some time with my Mom and three of her four siblings.  We brought Italian sandwiches and antipasto and we took in the sunset over the water all while laughing and sharing stories.  My cheeks hurt from all the laughter.  A good night. 
 Beautiful too.
 
Me, Aunt Robin and Mom, love these ladies!

Aunt Robin, Grandpa Sam, Uncle Tony and Mom
 
Aunt Tree and Me
 
Sunset on the bay
 
 
 


Comments

Popular Posts