2017...the year in which the blog ceased to exist

Well, hello 2018 and goodbye to the year past.  Otherwise known as the year where I quit blogging.  At least consistently writing.  Sure birthday and excessive recap posts were published but beyond that not much.  I have no good reason why.  No dramatic life event that kept me from writing, other than I was living life.  When I look back at my photo stream and re-read journal entries from the year I am then reminded of what a whirlwind the year was.  It was kicked off with the very best house guests to ring in the new year (2017) and from there continued in that fashion.  A revolving door at the Hanson B&B, graduations, trips abroad, a homecoming for one Thing, a cross country move for another and an International move for four of our six, including about 6 long months of interviews and conversations and contract discussions, not to mention a few family get aways in between and all the everyday life that happens within a family of six.  I won't say we were busy but our 2017 was certainly full.  There was and still is so much to share, a plethora of photos to post and the perfectionist in me is really struggling with tidying up this space before I begin to share about 2018.  The blog will be undergoing a few changes.  Seems necessary with this move and our our family status.  So with that, I'll complete my 2016 blog posting with Thing 4's birthday celebration and our NYE celebration.  Then I'll pick up 2017, maybe with quarterly installments, just to ensure life has been documented.  My sweet Things started the tradition of publishing this here blog as a book, year by year.  I just love it and I wouldn't want 2017 to be left out of the collection.  The organization may not be what I desire but the memories will be here, in some way or another.  Stick with me, if you're still there at all, and when I launch the new space you'll be the first to know!  Cheers.

Comments

Popular Posts