Weekend

Well another soccer weekend has been posted in the books. Gillian played two games on Saturday, Makenzie played one on Sunday and the EPL, English Premier League, began on Saturday. All that being said our lives have now officially been consumed by football. And to clarify I DO NOT mean American football. I mean the sport that you actually play with your feet, what we commonly refer to here in the States as "soccer".

This coming up weekend all three of the girls will play. Delaney will have her first club games and William will start recreation soccer soon, his first game will be September 12th.

I love soccer. I love watching my Things play soccer. I love watching Gillian defend the goalie and not allow anyone to score. I love watching Makenzie while on a break away to the goal use her body to shield the ball and realize that she is one strong girl! And I love that our entire family, all 6 of us, can be at the soccer fields together and cheer for each other, and laugh at each other's ballet moves on the soccer field, and rise to our feet when our kin does something that she/he has been practicing. That is family time. Outside, in the heat, turkey sandwiches from the cooler and bug bites from playing in the wild flowers next to the field. Ah, I love it!

Comments

Popular Posts