Monster Dash

This past weekend in the bitter cold Husband Jared and I completed yet another half marathon, one named the Monster Dash.  The course was inexplicably beautiful and I found myself spurred on wanting to round the next corner and catch a glimpse of the nature waiting for me.  The temperature gauge was not so friendly to us on this chilly morning, a mere 25 degrees when we were on our way to the starting line.  No matter, we had our layers, we had each other and we gave each other and ourselves a pep talk that included something along the lines of , just keep running, it's only 13.1 miles, this is what you've trained for.  Or not.  I told myself that I didn't have a problem backing out should there be snow or wind or any other weather ailments that might deter me from running my best or causing injury.  And then I told myself how lame that sounded and I better buck up and get to this running business.  That we did.  Each with our personal goal in mind we hit the course and found each other at the finish line within minutes of each other.  Another one in the books and not another on the calendar until warmer weather finds it's way to this frozen land. 

 Before the race, all smiles and trying to keep warm

 After the race, with our medals, relieved to have crossed the finish line
 

Comments

Popular Posts