Ten Things

In true summer fashion I am at a loss for deep and poignant writing.  So, to delay the inevitable and have some fun I thought I'd share ten things I am loving right now.  Love is such a strong and loaded word, maybe really liking?  Let's proceed.  

1. Summer afternoon rain storms
We have had a few this past week and they have taken me by surprise.  And yes, I do love them. 

2. The Smartest Person in the Room podcast: Bias series
http://smartestpersonintheroom.libsyn.com/podcast
These five episodes were enlightening, challenging, educational and real.  On so very many levels.  They also pushed me to reevaluate my own bias.  Ouch. 

3. Sleeping at Last music, specifically the Enneagram series.
http://www.sleepingatlast.com/blog/2018/6/9/the-sleeping-at-last-podcast
 Ryan O'Neal is a gifted musician and I am intrigued and stunned with his offerings.  The podcast is even better if you like to geek out a bit. He explains the intention and motivation behind each number's song, Chris Heuertz offers insight to the number and then Ryan dissects each layer of the song.  Beautiful doesn't begin to do it justice.  

4. Speaking of the Enneagram, two books that I have recently read on said subject matter:
"The Path Between Us", Suzanne Stabile
"The Sacred Enneagram", Chris Heuertz

5. Sitting outside on the terrace after dinner
 Candles lit and the twinkly lights on, no TV, no distractions, just my people.  Well, some of my people. 

6.  Riding my bike
I love having a bike.  This city is quite friendly in the way of bike lanes and such.  Not to mention I have a bell and that is universal for, "get the heck out of my way", or more politely, "please excuse me as I ride super close to you".  

7. A fresh new summer cocktail: the Lillet Spritzer
Recipe, or at least my version, which really means there is no recipe.
Blanc Lillet, chilled
Sparkling water/Tonic/Club Soda
Elderflower syrup
Cucumber for garnish
Ice
Easy peasy here, combine ingredients to your liking.  If you'd prefer prosecco in place of all the sparkling water, go for it.  No elderflower syrup, no worries, maybe a little grapefruit juice or orange juice.  That is the beauty of this spritz, make it your own. If you do use the ingredients above, do not skimp on the cucumber slice, (long roll of cucumber, no skin, made with a veg peeler) it really does add a crisp freshness to the cocktail.   Have fun, fill the glasses, cheers!

8.  Visiting a museum by myself
I had never done this before and the week that Thing 4 was away and Husband Jared was working I did.  Otto Wagner was a prominent architect in Vienna and there was an exhibit at the Wien Museum telling his story.  I walked the halls, read the information, explanations, scanned his drawings and drafts, studied the photographs and learned so much.  For some reason this act of independence felt significant and because of that I felt it worth documenting here.  I WILL be doing this again.

9.  Coconut milk yogurt
http://www.harvestmoondrinks.de/en/
I may be new to the party on this one but I am in, hands raised in the air and all that!  This particular brand is available in our grocery here, it was developed in Germany, and they also offer cashew milk yogurt if that's your jam.  I have yet to give that one a try.  Don't know if this particular brand is in the US but if it is TRY IT!

10.  My fjällräven (Swedish for Arctic fox, the animal of their logo) rucksack
https://www.fjallraven.com
After a few months of city living and lugging a shoulder strap purse with me on and off public transport and walking 10k plus everyday I decided it was time to embrace the backpack.  I do love it.  Side note, the history of this company began in Sweden and the story is impressive as is their commitment to sustainable materials and the environment.  The convenience of this rucksack and the break it gives my back is a bonus.  Not to mention there are so many fun colors and style options, why not?!

There you have it.   A list of ten things I'm loving/liking complete with links if you're so inclined.  Hope the summer season has been good to you like it has to me.




Comments

Popular Posts