Really?

So you know upfront this is a post where I might be inclined to rant about the weather.  Or maybe write an angry diatribe of words.  I'll throw in a few pictures for photographic evidence and then you all can be the judge.  In the words of Thing 2 this morning as she looked out the window after breakfast, "is that really snow out there?"  To which I replied, "don't look, pretend it's not there".  Denial.  That's healthy parenting, right?
 
It is April 10th and we do live in a geographic location that has lovingly been referred to as the "ice box", the "frozen tundra", the "great white north".  Truth.  And yes, I knew all this when I signed on the dotted line and all.  I was ignorant.  Stupid even.  Winter is more like a 7 month season in these parts.  Believe the people when they tell you that.  We have a winter storm warning through tomorrow morning.  While other parts of the country are enjoying 70-80 degree temps, we here are barely breaking 35.  Here is what outside one of our windows looks like this morning. 
 
 
While all this cold weather tends for more snuggles and an abundance of warm, chocolatey drinks I am ready for Spring.  Remember that season?  April showers bring May flowers?  Not April's snow. It is time to shed the layers, bare some skin, even if it's just the short sleeves, and soak in some vitamin D.  I heard that it might be just as good for the soul as it is for the body.  Maybe a rumor.   
 
Pardon my sarcastic tone.  I don't want to complain.  Truly.  It's not my nature.  At least I hope not.  I have much to be grateful for this I know and life is good.  I am full of joy.  Unspeakable joy.  Yet this spell of winter has crept under my skin and seems to have got the best of me. I, like many fellow sojourners are OVER the cold.  Jack frost can take his ice elsewhere.  Pretty please.  And I will continue to defrost.  And maybe even my attitude as well.


Comments

  1. Thanks for making me laugh this morning! Even though I am a "born-and-bred-frozen-tundra-girl" - today my heart resonates with yours. It is days like this one that make me wonder why I've thought staying here is a good idea!?!

    Much love to you my sweet friend... does it help at all to say that I'm glad God brought you here? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, you are too sweet. It is a tad reassuring to know that some native Minnesotans feel the same way, truly. And thank you, I know we are definitely where God wants us to be, there is comfort in that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts