I'mmm Baaack!

Almost a week later and I haven't posted.  Nope.  Not one single word.  Forgot my "Thankful Thursday" posting altogether.  What kind of blogger am I?  Slacker.  One word in a nutshell.  The weather has turned here, I hope.  I almost say that quietly to myself so as not to ruin the 90 degree day we have promised before us.  There is no turning back.  At least my vitamin D deprived skin and soul have our fingers crossed on that one. 

So this is what I have today.  A few words about the weather and maybe a few forgotten photos from our Franklin trip.  Some from my favorite time of the day, family dinner.  Mema hosted us and the Horels for a family dinner one night and to say the Things and their cousins were in their element would be a drastic understatement.  Mani's and pedi's by Aunt Natalie. 
Running around with no rules.  Fishing.  Paddle boating.  Ruling the dinner conversation.  Good times people.  Good times.  Sometimes I glance around the table and go quiet.  Just sit back and soak it all in.  My Things.  Their grandparents.  An Uncle and an Aunt and two itty bitty girl cousins.  There they were.  All smiles.  Food everywhere.  And me.  Hearing their laughs.  Their dinner time prayers.  It was good. 

After dinner there was more romping around.  Some dart playing.  Then something unexpected happened.  We were practicing the sling shot over the pond and when we looked up there were paper lanterns floating above.  Thing 2 immediately referenced "Tangled", her favorite movie and everyone ran outside to have a look. 

 Sling shot, aiming for somewhere over the pond

When we noticed they were quickly falling into the yard Thing 4 and Autumn ran to the front to try and catch one.  And they did.  Then the two pyros of the family, Uncle Jeff and Husband Jared decided it would be a great experiment/learning opportunity, AKA, we need to light something on fire, for the kiddos.  So they did.  The squeals of delight were too much.  We watched and pointed as the two captured lanterns once again floated off into the night sky.  Magical. 

The thrill of catching a lantern

Teaching the next generation

Up it goes

Further still!
 
As the night came to an end this was a spectacular sight to see.  All of us outside, necks craned watching these paper lanterns fly away.  Discussing the science behind it all and being amazed at the simplistic beauty of it.  My kind of night.

Watching as the lantern floated away 

Comments

Popular Posts