Valentines Day

For a made up, commercial driven holiday I sure do love it.  I love everything about it.  The cards.  The mushy words and feelings it conjures.  The chocolate.  Oh how I love the chocolate.  I love frosting.  I love the sugar cookies the Things made with me.  I love the family lunch we had to celebrate the day.  I love that my family helped out at our favorite donut shop that morning after church.  I love the sermon that we heard that morning.  I love how God uses the broken hearted to teach us. 

Alright enough about what I love.  Let me show you what the rest of my family loves.  Per our tradition, I printed everyone's name on a sheet of paper and placed them on the table.  At lunch each person wrote two things they loved about everyone in the family on the designated paper for said person.  We encouraged the Things to be specific and thoughtful.  And they were.  Take a look.













I love to love.  I love to hear those three sweet words out of the mouths of babes.  And of course I love to hear those three sweet words out of the mouth of my babe. 


Speaking of the love of my life.  He took me on a date.  We had a quiet dinner at Red Pony.  He ate rock shrimp and I ate steak.  Sound backwards?  Not really if you know my husband.  We talked and shared dessert.  Chocolate.  Need I say more.  Oh yes, I must.  And strawberries.  And creme brulee.  Oh the creme brulee.  I would eat it everyday if I could.  But I can't because I am in training.  And well, I wouldn't be able to zip up my pants if I did that.  And that wouldn't be very good either.

Date night ended with a game of cribbage.  I won.  I say that out of sheer pride, I know its wrong but I'm only human.  And it doesn't happen often, that I win at cribbage I mean.  I love to beat Husband Jared at cribbage, or any game for that matter.  I don't like to lose.  Loser usually has to do the dishes. 

I also love you all.  All eight of you that read this blog of mine. 

I love words.  I love writing.  I love freedom.  I love history.  I love to read.  I love unplanned family trips.  I love to run.  I love music.  All genres.  Except maybe heavy metal.  No offense to anyone.  I love butter.  I love to cook.  I love buttermilk pancakes.  I love, oh well, I love a lot of things.

 Maybe I should do an "I love" list and have everyone contribute.  Ten things you love everyday to start your day?  Hmm.  I might think about that. 

Comments

  1. I love....
    God
    daughters that blog
    my hubby
    my baby boy
    to play games
    my daughterlaw
    my sonlaw
    FAMILY
    reading
    camping

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts