Sunday Thoughts

Some things I have learned while living abroad;
I am spoiled.  Really.
Just because it should be one way does not mean it will be.
If you are nice people will usually be nice to you.
A smile goes a long way...sometimes.
I am responsible for finding what I need.
Life is different here.

All that to say that I have had some revelations and insights as to who I am amidst all this change.  Some if it aint too pretty.  Let's just be real here.  Some isn't too bad.  And since I don't mind patting myself on the back every now and again there have been things I have done well. 

Here's the catch though.  I really haven't done any of it on my own.  None of it.  I am utterly dependent on a being far greater than I.  Thankfully.  I couldn't do it by myself.  Everyday brings new challenges causing me to lean further into Him.  Although, because I am a mere human, when those situations arise I do find myself trying to figure it all out.  Attempting to understand the "why's" and such.  Not my job.  My character is being shaped.  Molded.  And here's the prayer, that when this season is complete that I will be better in Him. 

Comments

Popular Posts