Stitch Fix

Well hello there pretties.  I have some fashion news to share.  Yes, I realize the absurdity in that statement, trust me.  Fashion news, from me, the one who regularly wears running shorts and t-shirts.  Yes and yes.  I went out on a limb recently.  Mostly because I was somewhat bored with what was in my closet and then because the notion of this Stitch Fix site intrigued me. I had read about it on another blog and was instantly fascinated.  Let me break it down for y'all.
 
The box, wrapped all pretty
 
First, you go to this site.  Then you should create an account and tell the stylist behind the screen important details about yourself, what you like to wear, what fits you prefer, do you like to accessorize, yada, yada, yada!  It was revealing for me as I answered each question to see that my taste apparently does not match the way I view my own style.  Hmmm.  Anyhow, then you simply, "Schedule a fix".  And just like that a box full of fashion wonders is sent to your doorstep.  It does cost $20 to have it sent but you can then apply that towards any purchase you make from your "fix". Added bonus is that shipping is covered should you choose not to keep any of your items or only a few of them.  Either way.  Only bummer is that the $20 is non refundable, but the upside to that is it can also be applied to whatever items you do decide to keep from your "fix". 
 
Ladies this little venture did not disappoint.  I loved each and every item that was sent to me.  In the end I am keeping only one blouse, but I was able to provide reasons why I wasn't keeping anything else for the stylist should I choose to have a "fix" sent again.  Another option is to have a "fix" sent every month automatically.  Choices, choices and more choices.  You can edit your style, leave notes specific for each "fix" once it is scheduled, I really could go on and on.  I won't though.  I'll simply leave you with this.  For fashion's sake, or for fun, visit Stitch Fix's website and give it a go.  And if you do make sure you let them know that I referred you.  Each time you refer a friend for a "fix" you the referrer receives a $25 credit.  How awesome is that?  Completely awesome, I agree.  So, if you find yourself perusing the site and click the "schedule a fix" tab let me know, send me pictures, I want to know how you're being styled! 

My oh my, I forgot one of my very favorite perks of this website.  NO SHOPPING!  Cue the hallelujah chorus my friends.  Really, my disdain for shopping malls and scouring the racks for clothes and deals and the like has grown to monstrous proportions these days.  I may not score the $4.98 shirt or $6 dress on Target's clearance racks this way but I might just own a few quality pieces that will last longer than the season I am currently in.  I'll let you know how that works out for me. 
 
My favorite piece from my "fix"
 

Comments

Popular Posts