Soccer, a mother's day salute and a husband in flight

The title does not flow, I know that.  It does however sum up our weekend and the upcoming week here in the Hanson household. 

As usual there were a total of 14 Thing games this weekend between Bowling Green, KY and Brentwood, TN.  We came home with one medal winner, and 3 other Thing champions, at least in our book.  I was pampered with not 1 but 2 honorary dinners of my choosing and 1 special breakfast.  Not only the food but homemade cards, jewelry and stories from my Things. 

The weekend was spent together.  One parent, two Things each, a cooler of snacks and drinks, blue skies, smelly soccer gear and worn uniforms.  A true sense of satisfaction came over me this weekend as I sat and watched our Things play.  It always is a family affair with us.  The sibling Things want to support each other, Husband Jared and I want to cheer from the sidelines and wrap our arms around them when they run off the field to us after the match.  It is a huge part of our lives.  It is not however, our life.  These memories we make and the love we share while living this life given to us, that is it. 

This is mother's day for me.  My Things, my husband.  Husband Jared leading by example.  Showing them how to honor their mother.  How to love.  How to give.  Self sacrifice.  I am grateful.  And apparently I have really big lips.  Take a look at Thing 4's rendition of his mama.

And now Thing 3's version:

Just something I like to call artistic license. 
The Things of course did cause these Mama eyes to burn with salty discharge when I read these:


They each wrote stories.  Thing 4's included details as to what makes me mad and Thing 3's had a funny story, what I would wish for, where I'd like to travel and her idea of my perfect day.  Oddly enough, she was quite accurate.  I guess the apple really doesn't fall from the tree. 

And in honor of the soccer here is a picture of our tournament champion, Thing 2.


And today husband Jared is on his way to Turkey.  There he will finalize our living arrangements, work extremely hard, we're talking 7 day work weeks, from early morning until late in the evening, and tour the country from Istanbul to Izmir to Ankara.  No complaints though.  This is the next step in the journey.  I will hold down the fort here, well me and the Things anyway. 

Comments

  1. Yeah soccer-kiddos - job well done - wish we could've seen y'all play!! Congrats Lu Lu, way to bring home the medal. We are sooo proud of you guys and your accomplishments! love ya!
    Glad you were able to spend time with your 'mama'!
    nani and popi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts